About Chugoku-Shikoku Regional AIDS Center
As the comprehensive organization for AIDS care in the Chugoku-Shikoku region, the Center, with three regional core hospitals (the Hiroshima University Hospital, Hiroshima Prefectural Hospital and Hiroshima Citizens Hospital) and the Hiroshima Society of Certified Clinical Psychologists, has been engaged in various activities so as to help rid as many people as possible of their anxiety about AIDS by conducting such measures as consultations, health checks, medical care, training, research and delivering information.
Introduction of the three core hospitals in the Chugoku-Shikoku Regional AIDS Center, namely Hiroshima University Hospital, Hiroshima Prefectural Hospital and Hiroshima Citizens Hospital, as well as the Hiroshima Society of Certified Clinical Psychologists:
Task of the AIDS Center
The Chugoku-Shikoku Regional AIDS Center has five major tasks:
- Providing comprehensive AIDS care via the three core hospitals
- Dispatching specialized doctors and accepting difficult-to-treat patients
- Education and training on AIDS for health professionals.
- Providing AIDS-related information
- Basic and clinical research and study on HIV infection
Teruhisa Fujii represents this project.
The Hiroshima University Hospital AIDS Care Team Office serves as its secretariat.